Surf Sports & Competition
Surfers Paradise has broken many records in the world of surf sports, winning 14 years consecutive World Ironman Titles and being the first club to ever win both World Ironman & World Ironwoman Championships.
Our club prides itself on the abilities of its competitors and offers a comprehensive training program for those wishing to further their abilities and compete for the club.
Who can compete?
To compete for the club you must:
- be a financial member of our club
- have your Bronze Medallion or Surf Rescue Certificate
- completed your obligation of at least 25 patrol hours (hours are counted from 1st January until 31st December of the same year)
How do I become a competitor?
Please contact our Surf Club office on email@example.com for further information on competing for Surfers Paradise Surf Club.
What expenses are associated with being a competitor?
You will need to purchase your own surf equipment and pay for the costs associated with attending events. These may include transport, accommodation and entry fees.
What carnivals can I compete in?
Most competitors start out by competing in local Gold Coast events. If competitors do well they then advance to state, Aussie and world titles. Some high profile events are invitation only. A full list of events can be found on the Surf Life Saving Queensland website.
What events can I compete in?
There are many disciplines to cater for everyone’s interest:
- Beach events – sprints, relay, flags and runs.
- IRB (Inflatable Rescue Boats)
- Lifesaving events – champion lifesaver, patrol competition, first aid competition
- March Past
- Multi-discipline events -Ironman/Ironwoman, taplin relay, surf board rescue race
- Pool rescue
- Surf boats
- R & R (Rescue and Resuscitation)
Australian Surf Life Saving Club Champions
1988/89, 1994/95, 1995/96, 1996/97, 1999/2000, 2000/01, 2001/02, 2002/03